- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces frozen medium shrimp, thawed, peeled, and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 easy cooking steps:
Step 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add turmeric; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper, peas, and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 2 Stir in rice; spread in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in stock, salt, and pepper. Spread rice mixture in an even layer in pan. Cook, without stirring, 7 minutes.
Step 3 Arrange shrimp on top of rice mixture; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Drizzle lemon juice over pan. Serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!